Asus router comes with a web-based interface with the assurance of the finest usability and better quality. Asus is one of the best networking brands as it offers quality support devices and improved connectivity. However, to enjoy the best benefits of the Asus router, one should go for the Asus router firmware update.
The need for updating the firmware of the Asus router is mandatory as it results in the smooth functioning of wireless router devices. Asus router has its own firmware which runs in order to supply wired or wireless connectivity to devices.
Why it is important to go for the Asus router firmware update?
It is important to update the Asus router time-to-time as it improves the overall performance of the router.
New features and security fixes
The new firmware fixes a vulnerability that was detected in the current version that’s why it is important to go for Asus router firmware update is that
Besides fixing the bugs, updating the firmware of your router also enhance the overall performance of the router. Updating the Asus router firmware will increase the speed of your router and could improve the overall performance of the network.
If you have tried updating the firmware of your router but your Asus router firmware will not update due to any miscellaneous reasons then don’t worry as we will here tell you how to update Asus router firmware in the next section.
How to update Asus router firmware?
Updating the firmware of your Asus router will fix the connection problem and also solve the problem if your router is working slowly. You need to follow the steps which are given below in order to update the Asus router in just a few minutes. These steps for updating the firmware will work on almost every model of the Asus router.
Step 1: Download the firmware
The first thing which you need to do is to download the latest version of firmware of your Asus router from the Asus router’s official site. Enter your Asus router’s model number and download the firmware to update the Asus router. If you are not sure, check for the release date and download the latest file. After downloading the file, save it somewhere safe on your computer.
Step 2: Log into your Asus router
- Take an Ethernet cable and connect one end into the modem and the other into the WAN port of the router.
- Using another Ethernet cable, connect your computer to one of the four LAN ports on your Asus router.
Once you have downloaded the firmware, log in to your Asus router’s administrative panel using the login credentials.
- On your computer, fire up a web browser of your choice.
- Enter http://router.asus.com in the address bar of your opened web browser.
- When a login window appears, enter the default username and password of your Asus router and then click on the ‘Login’ option.
Step 3: Upload the firmware
Follow these steps to know how to update Asus router firmware.
- For the Asus router firmware update, after logging into your Asus router click on the ‘Administration’ tab.
- From the ‘Administration’ tab click on the ‘Firmware Upgrade’.
- On the ‘Firmware Upgrade’ option, click on the choose file.
- Select the latest firmware and click upload. Upload the downloaded file from your computer.
- Start the firmware installation.
- Once the firmware is installed, click ‘Save’.
- Reboot your router once the Asus router firmware update is completed.