When you find a product that provides optimal, long-term value, you stick with it. Netgear wireless routers are one of those product brands. 2022 introduced a wide selection of Netgear router models. Here is the shortlist for the best four Netgear wireless routers on the market in 2022.
1. Netgear Nighthawk AC11900 R7800 Wi-Fi Router
- Currently listed on Amazon for $159, this router is the best value for the money. Netgear Nighthawk AC11900 features a dual-band 4-gigabyte router (R-7800) to connect several Wi-Fi devices.
- The graphical interface and one-touch WPS button make it fairly simple to connect and configure. You get a wide range of coverage with its three detachable 5dBi high-gain antennas.
- The dual-core processor at 1Ghz gives it faster speeds than other routers on the market. Its USB port is located in the front making it easier to connect and disconnect.
- Some of the AC11900’s new features include a built-in VPN server, DD-WR firmware, and Broadcom TurboQAM support. Compatible with Alexa/Echo.
- On the downside, it’s a bit bulky, but the benefits far outweigh the cons of this device. Compatible with Alexa/Echo.
2. Netgear Nighthawk X10 AD 7200 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- This Netgear 802.11 ad router is designed for large spaces and it’s jam-packed with networking quality.
- Some of the features that make this model the “silver bullet” include MU-MIMO (multi-user multiple input and multiple outputs), data streaming, adaptability for 160MHz technology, and 802.11ad networking power.
- The X10 AD 7200 contains several USB ports and LAN ports. This model is super fast, but it’s also expensive at over $400. It’s a pioneer in consumer Wi-Fi technology with a built-in heat sink/fan combination and 10-gigabit support.
- A router that’s made for users who can afford to pay for high performance and optimum quality. An excellent choice for serious gamers.
3. Netgear Orbi Wi-Fi Home Networking System
- Though not the fastest of Netgear Wi-Fi routers, this model covers 2,500 feet of space with high-performance Wi-Fi. Forget about boosters and extenders because you won’t need them with the Orbi’s maximum coverage.
- You also won’t need to run extra ethernet cables around your home or commercial space.
- It’s already preconfigured with its own secure IP address right from the box. No need to input account information or IP details.
- The Orbi has another special feature that allows users to set up a separate secure guest Wi-Fi network.
4. Netgear AC 1200 Smart Wi-Fi Router
- Netgear’s AC1200 Dual Band Gigabit Wi-Fi Router offers decent speed and coverage for the money–just under $100 on Amazon.
- The design is scalable, flexible, and offers good performance at a reasonable price.
- It’s compatible with next-generation Wi-Fi technology and backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices. The AC 1200 provides high-quality HD streaming for Amazon Firestick and Roku devices.
- The AC 1200 features 300+1300 Mbps speeds and enables connectivity for up to 10 devices. The device’s dual-core processor (800Mhz) provides strong performance connectivity at a great price.