Everyone seems to have a tablet. You see kids playing games on tablets in restaurants, CEOs doing business in airports and you’ve probably even seen a teenager or mom using a tablet while relaxing poolside. Tablets bridge the generational gap. They’re everywhere, being used by all types of people. Some people have ditched their laptops altogether. Perhaps you’re thinking of making the switch from laptop to tablet yourself. If you are, here are 5 reasons to switch laptop to tablet.
- A tablet is portable. More portable than a laptop.
- Tablets are smaller, thinner, and lighter. You can easily stick one in your bag and go. Laptops can be heavy, awkward, and cumbersome.
- Tablets are especially handy when you’re traveling by air. Security is easier to get through and you can keep your tablet on during take-off and landing!
2. Easy to Use
- Tablets are very user-friendly. Most screens are self-directive and downloadable apps are easy to navigate.
- Laptops, by comparison, are portable PC. They are identical to their desktop PC counterparts but with less power. Laptops often have several programs you must learn, countless useless icons, and the need for firewalls and virus protection.
- PCs and laptops can be challenging for newcomers to use. But you can hand your grandmother a tablet, show her the ropes, and she’s good to go!
- What makes a tablet simple is that it doesn’t have all the bells and whistles that a laptop or PC has. It doesn’t need as much power or software. This means fewer delays slowing you down.
- Average technological users tend to do simple browsing on the Internet. They scroll on social media, stream, and use other apps. And not much more.
- If this is how you like to spend your time online, a tablet is an ideal option for you.
4. Great Battery
- Since the tablet is small, it’s going to have better battery life than a laptop.
- This goes back to the tablet’s simplicity. Because it doesn’t have as much power or a big screen, your battery will last longer once it’s fully charged.
- This is great for when you’re on the move
- In comparison to a laptop, a tablet is easily more affordable. Even the iPad is more affordable than a laptop.
- Like any other piece of technology, the price of a tablet will be based on features such as memory and display.
- Some tablets will cost more than others, like the iPad. But once you determine the tablet’s use, you can make an informed purchase.
- Ultimately, it will come down to your tastes and what you’ll use the tablet for.
Conclusion: Switch Laptop for Tablet
- For leisure and entertainment, the tablet is perfect for all ages. It’ll become your best friend next to your smartphone.
- You could even say that a tablet is really just a bigger version of your smartphone.
- So what are you waiting for? Are you ready to switch laptops to tablet? Do you need any help getting set up?
- Or have you already switched your laptop to a tablet? Are you happy with the switch?
- Let us know in the comments!