Why 192.168 ll IP?
This 192.168 ll IP address is a private IP address and it can be connected to the outside world internet since the private IPs cannot connect to the outside world. The reason that we use private IP addresses is to stop the over-exhaustion of the public IP address. If we start using the private IP addresses for the devices that don’t need to connect to the outside world internet then we can easily reduce the usage of IPv4 addresses that could save us some time to switch over to the IPv6 IP addresses.
These private IP addresses will be assigned to the devices such as routers and used in the private network. These private addresses devices communicate to the public IP addresses device that will translate the private address to a common public IP and communicate with the outside internet. So that two or more devices that have private IP addresses will share the common public address thus saving the IPv4 usage.
Currently, all the internet traffic is slowly changing to the IPv6 IP address. But everything has not been converted yet. Currently, only 23%+ of the internet traffic uses the IPv6 address. So it will definitely take a long time before everyone completely switches over to IPv6 address.
Login to 192.168 ll IP address:
Before jumping into this step the first thing that you need to analyze is that whether the router that you use has the IP 192.168 ll as the default gateway IP address. If not then you can’t follow some of the steps below. Proceed after confirming that the router you use has 192.168 ll as the IP address.
- Open the browser of your choice.
- Type in the search bar “http://192.168. ll” correctly. If you think that you might do a mistake then copy this and paste there in the search bar.
- After you hit enter the router’s settings page will open and you will see the router’s admin control being displayed there.
- You need to know the credentials to log in to the settings page and use it. If you are new to this page then you need to find the default username and password depending on the type or company router that you are using. You can see the steps to find the router credentials here.
- After logging in, if you have logged in using the default credentials then it is advised to change the credentials because of the security risks it may possess.
Routers that use 192.168 ll
As far we know one of the most famous routers that use the 192.168.1.1 IP address is the Xfinity router and Comcast router. They both use the 192.168.l.1 IP address as their default gateway. You can also change the router IP address if you have any other devices that are already connected to the network. But make sure that the IP address you use stays between 192.168.l.l to 10.255.255.255 because these routers are destined to work like that. Some default username and passwords for the known routers: