The 192.168.8.1-192.168.8.l IP address is one of the most common IP addresses and defaults IP addresses. You can edit your router’s settings by using the 192.168.8.1 IP address. There are numerous ways to customize the default settings, including setting usernames and passwords, changing DNS settings, or setting up the router in a different way. Configuring your network is usually done to ensure that hackers cannot access it.
How to Login to 192.168.8.1?
- The first step Open your favorite web browser’s URL bar
- Enter the Default IP address in URL bar 192.168.8.1 and http://192.168.8.l.
- Enter the default username and password.
- Once you enter the correct username and password the router admin panel will be open and you will change router settings and all internet settings.
What To Do When You Want To Change Your Wi-Fi Password And User Name
You may also wish to modify your Wi-Fi network details since there are more settings related to the router that you can play with. Wi-Fi networks are identified by their SSIDs or Service Set Identifiers. Here’s how to fix it:
- You can access the general settings by clicking on the general settings menu.
- Choose wireless settings from the menu.
- You must enter the name of the Wi-Fi network in the SSID field.
- Changes you have made should be saved.
Changing the password for your Wi-Fi network is also possible from the same menu as changing its SSID. Type your desired password in the Wi-Fi network password field. In your router and WiFi network, you now have the login details. You should explore further now that your internet is secure. Optimizing your network and setting parental controls are two options.
More About 192.168.8.1
The IP address 192.168.8.1 is either a private, gateway, or local address. IP addresses are used by computer devices connected to Wi-Fi networks, such as laptops and desktop computers, in order to ensure that a data request, such as browsing a website, reaches the correct destination. Your router has two IP addresses, one public and one private. 192.168.8.1 is one of the private addresses. It is your public IP address that is used by your ISP and by any website that you visit to convey information the computer device requests to its destination. It is your public IP address that then sends the information to your computer screen while the private IP address on 192.168.8.1 handles the transmission.
Troubleshoot Your Router After Resetting It
You may be unable to access the log-in page or log in so try these steps to resolve the issue:
- Make sure you enter the correct address in the browser – 192.168.8.1, http://192.168.8.1, or https://192.168.8.1 – do not enter errors, such as a capital I, a small-case L, etc. instead of a 1
- If 192.168.8.1 leads to an error page, ensure you are using the correct IP address from the ipconfig option. Perhaps someone has assigned a new DNS address
- You need to go to settings, privacy, and delete cookies and cache – or use a different browser if the browser does not show anything
- Whenever possible, have your device assessed by a qualified service technician