The default gateway address for router settings is 192.168.254.254; This is a private IP address that is used by admins to access the router settings. TP-Link, Huawei, NetGear, Arris, and Zyxel are some of the manufacturers of modems that assign them. You can manage everything about your router/modem using the Web GUI, from your wireless network’s SSID and password to LAN settings, DSL settings, and DSL, ADSL, and ADSL settings.
192.168.254.254 IP Addresses can also be assigned to other devices such as a smartphone, laptop, or smart TV, but it is most commonly used to access the router management interface. If you know the login credentials, you can access the router settings from all connected devices. using another address such as 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.1, or 192.168.100.1
This blog will show you how to set up your router using 192.168.254.254.
After following the above steps, you’ll be able to access your router’s interface. If you’re accessing the router interface for the first time, it’s a good idea to start with the basics. The first step would be to change the credentials mentioned above.
- The router’s GUI will now be available to you after you’ve completed the steps above. You can find these menus on the main menu if you look for general settings or admin settings.
- There is a password field at the bottom of that menu. There will also be a username field on this menu.
- If you wish to change your password, you simply enter the new password or username in the appropriate field. You should ensure that the password you choose is secure when you change it.
- Once you have finished making any changes to your router, always save them.
The Name of The Wi-Fi Network Can Be Changed;
The time has come to look more deeply into the settings options now that you have done the basics. You can begin by identifying your network name. In the local area, your wireless network is distinguished from others with the use of the SSID (Service Set Identifier). Names can be chosen according to your preferences. Your company name is a good choice for a network within your office. Whenever you want to create a wireless network at home, you can be as creative as you like.
- Choose Setup from the menu.
- Click on Wireless Settings, and then type the network name you selected in the SSID field.
- Be sure to save your changes