10.0.0.2 IP address is nothing but an address that is used to identify any computer or a device that is connected to the network. Every device must have a unique address that can be used to identify them in the network. Such address is called the IP address and there are many types of IP addresses used depending on the type of application.
This is one of the most used IP addresses in the routers. Most of the brands that are commonly used contain 10.0.0.2 as the default router IP. It’s good to memorize this IP address because it is used in many of the routers that are used worldwide.
Every router that we use has some settings page that we can use to change the behavior of the routers. You can use the settings page to set the Wi-Fi password of the routers and control how many devices could connect to the router at once. Also, you can block or restrict access to certain devices that you don’t want access to your router.
Before trying to know about the 10.0.0.2 IP address we need to know about the IP address types:
- Private IP Address
- Public IP Address
Private IP Address:
These IP addresses can be used for the devices that are connected to the network and are just to be used inside the building or facility. These IP addresses are known as private IP addresses. Most routers use these IP addresses since they are to use inside the facility and not to be accessed from the outside.
Public IP Address:
Public IP addresses are the addresses that are used by the servers and the hosts that are connected to the internet and have it has to be easily accessible from the outside. These IP addresses can be masked with the domain name in order to easily represent the server that hosts the domain files. Here this IP address 10.0.0.2 is a private IP address. It can be used inside the network to access the device using it. Routers use this IP 10.0.0.2 as a default gateway. It helps to change the router settings.
Steps to reset the router:
If you have set the username and password before and forgot it now then no need of worrying. You can just reset the router to make it come back to its factory settings.
- Check the router and find the reset button.
- Press the reset button for a few seconds and will come back to the original factory settings.
- If this method didn’t work or if you know the username and password but you just need to change the settings then you can follow the below methods.
An alternative way to reset the router easily:
- Make sure the router is connected to the host.
- Type 10.0.0.2 and hit enter.
- Type in the correct username and password. It will open the settings page.
- There you will see an administration tab. Click on the Factory Defaults tab.
- There you will find an option to Restore Factory Defaults. Click on it.
Now you will have your router reset. Use an easy username and password that you can always remember. Also, change the credentials frequently.